Gijon Climate & Temperature
- Gijon, Spain is at 43°32'N, 5°37'W, 29 m (95 ft). See map.
- Gijon has a marine west coast climate that is mild with no dry season, warm summers. Heavy precipitation occurs during mild winters which are dominated by mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfb).
- The mean annual temperature is 14 degrees Celsius (57.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10 °C (18°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 13°C (55.4°F) on average falling to 6.3°C (43.4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16°C (60.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 9.3°C (48.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 22°C (71.6°F) and average low temperatures are 15.3°C (59.6°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 18.3°C (65°F) during the day and lows of 12°C (53.6°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1034 mm (40.7 inches) which is equivalent to 1034 Litres/m² (25.36 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1705 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Gijon you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Le Bons Bay, Eastwood, New Zealand.
Gijon Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Gijon Climate Graph in Metric Units
Gijon Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Gijon, Spain Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Bordeaux, France - 418.9 kms (260.3 miles) ENE
- Santander, Cantabria, Spain - 148 kms (92 miles) E
- Biarritz, France - 330.7 kms (205.5 miles) E
- San Sebastian/ Igueldo, Spain - 291.4 kms (181.1 miles) E
- Logrono/ Agoncillo, Spain - 295 kms (183.3 miles) ESE
- Burgos/ Villafria, Spain - 210.8 kms (131 miles) SE
- Valladolid, Spain - 222.9 kms (138.5 miles) SSE
- Salamanca/ Matacan, Spain - 288.3 kms (179.1 miles) S
- Madrid, Spain - 383.4 kms (238.2 miles) SSE
- Madrid (B), Spain - 384.6 kms (239 miles) SSE